Mzuzu Coffee Planters Cooperative Union
- We are currently producing between 400 and 500 Metric Tons of green beans.
- We have between 2600 and 3000 growers, 25% of them are women. Target is to have 40% of our growers as women by 2019/20.
- We are currently having 18 buyers from Japan, Taiwan, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands and USA. 60% of our coffee goes to USA speciality market.
- Our coffee are always Award Winning coffee in Malawi.
- 80% of our coffees are of speciality grade scoring 80% and above on SCAA scale. (Speciality Coffee Association of America)
- Our coffee are:
We market our coffees as follows:
- On Fixed price forward contracts
- Forward contracts, price to be fixed (NYC plus Quality premium)
- Auctioning as the coffees become available
- Auctioning of Micro lots
- Micro lots on fixed price
Up to 95% of all our coffees are exported, the domestic market enjoys 5% of our coffee.